Cheeky Jam Doughnuts
These are not your ordinary jam doughnuts, these doughnuts are cheeky! Making soft delicious doughnuts at home is not as difficult as many people believe. The secret is in having the right recipe with the perfect mix of ingredients to give you a soft fluffy doughnut that no one can resist. Give this one a try, you will be pleasantly surprised at the result. We recommend filling your doughnuts with Confate Paw-Paw Jam to give it that tropical twist.
- 3½ cups Cake Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- ⅓ cup Sugar
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 packet Instant Dry Yeast
- ½ cup Baking Margarine at room temperature
- ⅔ cup Milk - lukewarm
- 3 large Eggs at room temperature
- Sunflower Oil for deep frying
- ½ Cup Confate Paw-Paw Jam
- Icing Sugar
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, salt, sugar, yeast, nutmeg and cayenne pepper.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs and lukewarm milk.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and mix by hand or with a stand mixer.
- Slowly incorporate the baking margarine and knead for about 5 minutes to get a soft and elastic dough.
- Cover the dough with cling wrap and set aside until double in size. This can take up to 2 hours depending on the room temperature.
- Turn the risen dough out on a lightly floured surface and flatten with your hands an divide into 12 equal pieces. You can use a rolling pin and cookie cutter if you'd like perfectly round shaped doughnuts.
- Deep fry the doughnuts on both sides until golden brown. Make sure your oil is heated to 180°C. If the oil is too cold it will take longer to fry and turn out oily. If the oil is too hot it will be brown on the outside and raw on the inside. The oil temperature is the key to success.
- Put the doughnuts on a wire rack to cool down.
- Fill each doughnut with a generous amount of Confate Paw-Paw Jam. We recommend buying an extra large syringe from a pharmacy and filling this up with jam. Make a small cut on top of each doughnut and use the syringe to fill the doughnut.
- Dust liberally with icing sugar.
View all our recipes
Get your custom ingredients from our online store!
Cheeky Jam Doughnuts